Greetings Proehlific Members & Families,
We are so appreciative of your continued support of Proehlific Park. It’s members like you that make this place so special and we view you all as family. We, along with all small businesses at this moment, are having to weigh our responsibility for the safety of our members and community against very real financial concerns of our staff and other local vendors. With recommendations from the Greensboro City Council, we have decided it’s time to temporarily close Proehlific Park in an effort to support our community and healthcare professionals in Greensboro. The best thing about being a local business situated in a supportive community is that we know we’re all here for each other. We want to continue to be the place you come for your mental and physical well being and we will continue to post workouts and other health topics to keep you connected and interacting with each other.
Please follow us on Facebook, YouTube, and Instagram for our daily fitness classes and trainer tips. We encourage you to share these video links with your friends and family – let’s share some positivity and a healthy way to stay active at home! Above all, please let us know if there is anything we can do for you in this unprecedented time of social distancing.
Proehlific Park will be closed starting today Sunday March 22nd 2020 at 2pm. We will be closing the facility, fitness center, youth programs, outdoor fields and the playground. We will await further guidance for our city officials on their recommendations on when to reopen.
We have received so many encouraging messages of concern and support from our members and we are so grateful! We are very thankful for your continued support of Proehlific Park and look forward to coming back stronger having gone through this together. If you need anything, have questions about our decision, or we can help in any way, please send us an email or message.
Ricky Proehl and the Proehlific Park Staff
Proehlific Fitness Families,
We, along with all small businesses at this moment, are having to weigh our responsibility for public safety against very real financial concerns that affect our staff, instructors, and other local vendors we work with frequently. With the reduced hours, classes and programs we are very aware of those staff members and instructors that depend on us for their families financial support.
We hope that you continue to support our business and participate in our online classes that we posting for you and so that we may continue to support the instructors who depend on our business. Keep in touch with us on
our website and social media (Facebook or Instagram) for updates going forward. !
Les Mills Training Click Here To Access Classes
Our Partner Les Mils has also given FREE access to Les Mills At Home Workouts. Use the link on the left to access the workouts. Once you are on their website. Ignore the subscription tab and go directly to “Click here for more” this will give you the ability to access these workouts. Nobody will need to register for these workouts. If you need more clarity, feel free to give us a call 336.665.5233 and we will be happy to assist you.
The best thing about being a local business situated in a supportive community is that we know we’re all here for each other. We’ve already been receiving messages of concern and support from many of our members, and for that we thank you so very kindly. We hope you all are thinking creatively about ways you can support other local businesses that you love, please see below how we are supporting BackPack Beginnings. We are very grateful for your continued support of Proehlific Park.
You Deserve More
The Ricky Proehl P.O.W.E.R. of Play Foundation
POWER of Play Logo
The P. O.W.E.R. of Play Foundation is supporting our partner BackPack Beginnings to feed local children during these school closures. BackPack Beginnings has committed to giving 2,100 food bags each week of the NC school closures. This is going to require a fast turn around because these bags need to be packed and delivered each week.
Here’s how you can help:
1. Sign up to volunteer. If shifts are full please keep checking back to see if we have opened up more spots or had cancellations.
2. Be a delivery driver to the feeding sites. At this time the sites have not yet been finalized by the school district. When we have all of the details we will send out an email to everyone.
3. Donate. Please drop off food or monetary donations at PROEHLIFIC PARK and we will deliver them to BackPack Beginnings. Donate at our Fitness Center Entrance anytime during our operating hours 5am-7pm.
Items that are ready to eat or can be prepped via microwave, as we want to make sure we are offering food items for all types of families, such as those living in cars, motels, hotels, etc. Examples include microwavable rice bags, healthy snacks, healthy cereals, microwavable oatmeal, just add water mac and cheese, pop-top cans of fruit, Chef Boyardee pop-top meals, ready to eat tuna kits, Campbells microwavable soup bowls, etc.
Update 3.16.20 Greetings Proehlific Families.
In our efforts to balance the fine line between being there for our families and members and understanding the limitations and guidelines being recommended by health officials. We are making the following changes to our normal operating procedures.
In an attempt to limit the # of overall visitors and guests we will continue to offer programming to MEMBERS ONLY. At this time we will not allow drop in for pickleball or soccer. If you are coming to workout, we ask that you not bring your children or their friends to play in the sports facility area. We will not offer Childcare for members working out for the time being.
Effective Immediately, No Group Exercise Classes through the end of March – Les Mils will be giving us access for our members take online classes. We will also be posting workouts that you can do at home at your convenience.
Youth Drop In Care is being offered to our members, after school participants, first responders, health care professionals, those that have participated in an after school or summer last withing the last year and those that it is critical for their family that they continue to work and do not have alternate childcare options. Those families are being asked to register for the entire week. We are being very intentional about limiting the overall # of people that are walking through the building during the course of the week.
Youth programs – 8am-6pm (must check in between 8am-11am and have a well check with the nurse on staff)
Fitness Center Hours Mon-Fri 5am-7pm, Sat 8am-2pm, Sun 11am-2pm (starting Tues 3/17/20)
Park Hours – Limited to scheduled activities
No 7 Day Passes
No Month to Month Memberships Sales.
6 Month PIF membership sales only.
ORANGE TOWELS – Please take a orange towel up with you when you go (in addition to your workout towel). Please use your orange to wipe down your equipment before and after usage and return your used orange towel to the desk after usage.
We will continue to provide cleaner and additional orange towels throughout the gym and change then out every hour.
Health officials continue to advise us on the importance of being vigilant in our efforts to prevent the spread of illness. We are putting new protocols in place to help limit the spread of COVID-19 in our community. We can all immediately continue to support those efforts in the community by following these common-sense precautions. Effective Friday, March 13, Proehlific Park is:
• Encouraging Hand Washing upon entering the building for everyone.
• Staff is actively sanitizing heavy traffic areas and equipment hourly.
• Postponing events and activities that would have 100 people or more such as tournaments and rentals – a recommendation made by Governor Roy Cooper and the North Carolina Department of Health and Human Services.
• Restricting visitors to Proehlific Park to members, participants and coaches only. We are trying to follow guidelines on limiting the total # of people in the building. Parents or guardians may drop their child off at the front desk and will not be allowed past the entrance doors. Coaches and players are encouraged to wipe down all equipment and limit sharing of equipment.
• Encouraging using your own water bottles and not using the public water fountains.
• Wash hands frequently with soap and water, and for at least 20 seconds per hand.
• Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands.
• Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue when you cough or sneeze. Practice good cough and sneeze etiquette.
• Wipe down equipment and weights after use and be extra thorough.
• The ’elbow bump’ is your new high-five if you see a friend at Proehlific.
• Stay home when you feel ill.
• We will continue to offer after school care to the families currently enrolled in our program. We are limiting non-member participants to keep our # of children under 100 including staff at all times.
• We are postponing all Proehlific Park youth spring sports leagues to start after April 6th.
• We are postponing all adult sports league games until April 6th.
• Limiting Non-Member Usage of the facility.
As a reminder, the COVID-19 pandemic is by nature, unpredictable. Our plans, protocols and communications will continue to change as new information becomes available and additional guidance is received from public health experts.
Please call 336.665.5233 or emailMicheala Amidon if you have additional questions or concerns on how this would impact your usage of our facility at Proehlific Park.