PROEHLIFIC PARK LIMITED OPENING NEXT WEEK! Update Wed June 3rd
We recognize the risk of COVID is still very present in our community and that #’s in Greensboro continue to rise. We do not want to contribute to the growth of these numbers. Not for you, not for our community, not for our staff whom we consider all to be our family.
We realize that we too can be a facility that offers both mental and physical health benefits for our community, as well as a Day Camp facility that parents are in need of so that they can return to work and we can restore some normalcy for children both socially, physically and emotionally.
We are so excited to see our Proehlific families again and have been working hard to make sure that Proehlific not only follows all the recommended guidelines, but exceeds your expectations with the level of care and concern for your health and safety that we have laid out for our limited capacity opening next week. Starting Monday June 8th we will be offering Summer Blast! Day Camps, and Outdoor Fitness Classes for Membership. In this email you will find details for each offering. Please don’t hesitate to email us with any additional questions or concerns we are in this together to make Proehlific a facility to help restore our mental and physical health while we navigate these uncharted times.
All memberships were de-activated on May 1st. We will not automatically draft your membership until we are able to open the fitness center and are able to increase the programming that we can offer our members. If you would like to re-activate your membership to participate in the fitness classes or to support Proehlific Park please email firstname.lastname@example.org. We are not able to offer the silver sneakers and silver and fit memberships at this time, but those members that are interested in joining the classes are able to join at the senior rate for the month to allow you to register for the fitness classes.
Outdoor Group Exercise
• All classes will be reservation only with limited space. Registration and membership activation will begin on Thursday June 4th.
• Class reservations will be online and must be pre-registered. Once your membership is paid you will receive a link to register for the classes.
• A health and wellness questionnaire and waiver must be completed prior to participation.
• Classes will run at a reduced capacity to support physical distancing guidelines. You must maintain 6 feet of distance at all times.
• Face coverings are recommended before and after each class.
• Please plan to bring your own mat, water bottle and towel.
• Equipment will be moved outdoors and sanitized before and after use by our staff.
• We have limited locker room availability so please come prepared to exercise.
Youth Programs Summer Blast 2020
• Summer Blast will be limited to 100 participants.
• Registration will open Friday June 5th. Please email email@example.com to reserve a space for your child.
• There will be one price for all participants of $175/week. We are not currently charging a membership at this point.
• Parents will be allowed to drop their child off from 7:30-9:30 am. If the camper has an appointment the parent needs to let the Director know 24 hours in advance.
• Pick-Up time will be from 4:30-6:00 pm. Parents are to wait outside or in your car. We will have a coach assisting with pick-up. Also, if your child needs to be picked up early inform the Director 24 hours prior to the early pick-up. Parents will be asked to call the Front Desk and we will have the camper waiting outside for pick-up. Once the camper leaves the Park they must stay with the parent the remainder of the day.
• We will be pre-screening all campers and coaches prior to coming in the building. This will take place outside, we will screen one child at a time, therefore we are asking that you wait in your car during the pre-screening.
• Any coach or camper that has had any Covid 19 symptoms or has been around anyone that has had symptoms will not be allowed in the park for 14 days.
• We will have a coach for check-in to help with pre-screening. The director or assistant director will be available for questions or issues that arise.
• We will have the same coach walk the campers to the cubbies and to their group.
• All groups will have the same coaches, campers, and CITs. There will be limited movement within each group. There will be no moving to another group, coaches will not be allowed to change or visit other groups. The Director and AD will be the floater.
• All campers will wash their hands prior to going to their group, before and after snacks, and lunch, as well as after all activities.
• The cubbies will be numbered. Each camper will be assigned a cubby every day. Siblings will share a cubby.
• We asking that parents send the camper with 2 snacks, a water bottle, a lunch, a towel and an extra change of clothes.
• The campers will be responsible for their own water bottles. We will use the Gatorade containers for water throughout the day. The lead coach is the only one that can dispense water from the container. The container and spout will be wiped after each use.
• Will have an AD, or coach at the front desk to help with snack time and register or answer any questions that arise. We will be on the same page.
• Each group will have their own bins for sports equipment. The equipment will be wiped down after each activity. Also, each group will have their own set of crayons, pencils, markers etc….
• Objects that cannot be cleaned will not be used. It has been suggested to put the bleachers up and have the kids sit on the floor for snacks and lunch.
• Only 2 campers are able to go the restroom at a time. A coach or CIT will accompany them.
• Lunch will not be staggered: K-1 and 2nd and 3rd upstairs on the Mezzanine separated by the table in the middle, 4th and 5th in the lounge and 6th and up in the Panthers Den. Snack will be the same as lunch.
• We are recommending that coaches do not take any time off during Phase 2 until we get closer to the end of June. Coaches and CITs will be required to attend a two-day mandatory staff orientation prior to camp starting.
• Coaches will be required to do cleaning throughout their shift. Coaches will have cleaning duties for the end of their shift. They will not be allowed to sign the cleaning duty sheet until the Director or Assistant Director has checked behind them.
What to Expect at Proehlific
• Most importantly, if you are not feeling well or have come into contact with someone with COVID-19, please stay home! Help us keep our Proehlific families safe and healthy.
• Please be thoughtful and patient. We are all navigating this together, and we all have different levels of comfort and risks. Please help us by talking with management if you have concerns or suggestions. We want to help you feel comfortable at Proehlific and know that there will be ways we can do that with us all working together.
• Participants will be asked to sign an updated waiver before participating in any Proehlific Park program.
• Daily questionnaire will be completed prior to the start of any program for all participants.
• Rigorous cleaning protocols will continue throughout the facilities based upon CDC recommendations.
• Capacities will initially be reduced to safely limit the number of people in a space to ensure appropriate social distancing.
• For your convenience, social distancing guidelines will be highlighted via signage.
Coaches & Staff Guidelines
• All team members are thoroughly trained on COVID transmission prevention and new cleaning protocols.
• All staff will be asked to wash and/or sanitize hands upon entry and exit.
• All team members will be questioned about COVID-19 symptoms and exposure prior to entry and temperature checked.
• All team members will be required to wear a mask when feasible (during checkin / out of participants, interacting with parents/participants, during cleaning duties). Examples of when masks will not be required (while coaching or teaching exercise classes.)
How Can You Help
We can’t thank you enough for your continued support and concern for Proehlific, it’s what has kept us going during these last months. If there is one thing this pandemic has taught us is that we are stronger as a community. As a local small businesses navigating these past months have been difficult and we recognize that struggle for others in our community.
Please support local. Please buy local. Please help preserve the local spots who are faced with difficult choices in order to keep serving our community. And please go out safely and kindly and remember everyone deserve patience and kindness for braving this uncharted time together.
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.